How To Help
There are so many ways we can sustain our public library!
- Make a donation to the Library
Join the Friends of the Library
- The Friends of the Library raise funds to help support library purchases and programs.
- They have been generous in their support of children's programs, and offer spring and fall program series for adults.
- The Friends have an annual book sale as a fund raiser.
Book and Material Donations
- The library may accept donations of books no more than 2 years past date of publication, audio books on CD and videos on DVD. Please ask at the front desk or in the children's room before donating items as space is limited.
- Donations may be added to the collection, to the little free library, or sold.
- Books should be clean and in good condition.
- The library does not accept VHS video, encyclopedias, textbooks or magazines.
Sponsor an Author
Is there an author you always want to read? Sponsoring that author means that you will always get the first reserve on the author's new titles. Here's how it works:
- You agree to pay for any new publications by "your" author.
- The library purchases the books with the library discount, then bills you for the cost.
- You will be placed first on the reserve list and notified when the book is ready to circulate.
- You get to be the first person to read it!
For more information, contact the library director, ask at the front desk, or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
The library has some volunteer opportunities for those willing to give their time and energy. Some of the duties include:
- Keeping the collection in order
- Assisting with children's, teen and adult programs
- Covering books
- Helping out with the gardening
If you would like to volunteer, please contact library director at email@example.com for information on the volunteer application and process.